The State Street Inn is not accepting reservations for the month of April, due to the Coronavirus State of Emergency. Existing reservations remain valid unless cancelled or rescheduled.
Travel Restriction: Any individual who enters Delaware from another state must immediately self-quarantine for 14 days from the time of entry into Delaware, or for the duration of the individual's presence in Delaware, whichever period is shorter. The self-quarantine requirement doesn't apply to public health, public safety, or healthcare workers, or any other individual providing an assistance to an Essential Business or providing an emergency service related to COVID-19. It also does not apply to those traveling to care for a family member, friend, or pet in Delaware.
The Governor has declared a State of Emergency to address the Coronavirus pandemic, and a "stay at home" order has been issued for Delaware residents. As a result:
- Indoor tourist attractions are closed. This includes all museums, casinos, concert venues, and movie theaters.
- Delaware's beaches are closed (including boardwalks).
- Shopping malls and "non-essential" stores are closed. Grocery stores and pharmacies are open.
- Bars and nightclubs are closed.
- Restaurants may serve food using delivery, take-out, or drive-thru ONLY. All on-site dining is prohibited.
- All public events scheduled between now and summer have been cancelled or postponed, including the May NASCAR race weekend, the Firefly Music Festival, college graduations, and Dover Days.
However, most outdoor attractions remain OPEN. These include state parks, county parks, and wildlife refuges (including Bombay Hook). Entrance fees have been waived at all state parks and wildlife areas through April 30.
We are still accepting reservations for dates after mid-May. For everyone's safety, please stay home if:
- you are feeling unwell; or are experiencing fever, sore throat, shortness of breath, or dry cough.
- you have recently visited an area with a high number of coronavirus cases.
- you have had contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19.
Changing or Cancelling Reservations:
You may change any reservation to a future date without penalty. Please consider rescheduling instead of cancelling whenever possible. As a small business, the financial impact of this crisis is significant. If you must cancel your reservation, our standard cancellation policy applies.
Contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at (302) 734-2294.
What We're Doing
We are committed to maintaining a clean environment for our guests.
Guest Rooms: We use disinfecting products to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items, such as light switches and remote controls. All linens are machine-washed with bleach or chemical sanitizer.
Common Spaces: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, including door handles and countertops.
We have temporarily stopped shaking hands, and hand sanitizer is available to guests.